Are You A Fun, Friendly And Experienced Vet? Let's Talk!
As a Mobile Vet, you will be creating exceptional experiences for both the client and their pet. It’s essential that you enjoying interacting with people, and that you’ve mastered putting both pets and pet owners at ease.
You’ll assist us as a key team member in helping us continue to build our reputation for world-class veterinary service. As an experienced DVM, you thrive in meeting new clients and animals, and you look forward to every interaction as you walk in the door with a smile and a treat!
- Attending several in-home appointments each day, delivering high quality and friendly veterinarian care to companion animals (dogs and cats)
- Ensuring the safety of both yourself and the client (as they often helping you to restrain the animal)
- In-home veterinary care including exams, vaccinations, FNA, small lump removal, blood/urine collection, suturing small wounds, nail trims, home euthansia, and other typical non-surgical services
- Providing the client with any information, knowledge or advice they need based on the visit
- Exceptional record keeping and follow-up to ensure every patient is dealt with professionally and thoroughly (clients get results from tests quickly and options are given and followed up on based on recommendations)
- Being punctual, professional, friendly and collaborative with the client, ensuring that they feel confident they are part of the decision making process for their animal
- Adhering to all policies, procedures and guidelines of Vets To Go and the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association in order to ensure high quality service and client satisfaction
- Minimum of 3 years experience in practicing veterinary medicine
- Must be a Fully Licensed Vet in Alberta, registered in good standing with the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association
- Have your own newer model vehicle that is well maintained, reliable and in good condition to drive to daily appointments
- Be knowledgeable of the Calgary area, and be comfortable driving in the city
- Comfortable and experienced working with dogs and cats of all types, sizes and temperaments which may include anxious, fearful or aggressive animals
- Able to work independently, remain on schedule and on time, and to properly manage your time and priorities throughout the day
- Confidence in making a diagnosis and carrying out treatment plans
- Love to work with both people and pets, and take pride in making a difference
- Must be flexible – we are not in the controlled setting of a clinic, and you therefore need to adapt to the situation and be creative to get the job done without getting anxious or flustered
Compensation And Benefits
We offer a very competitive and attractive compensation package, and you also are eligible for the various added fringe benefits and extras we offer (such as a team wide profit sharing plan). Compensation is based on experience and coverage area, and you’re rewarded for achieving high client satisfaction levels and efficiency.
Now It’s Your Turn…
If you’re interested in applying to become the newest star of our team, please get in touch! All inquires are confidential.
The first step is to send us a message at email@example.com so we can talk more. Or, you can fax your resume and cover letter to (403) 266-7294. You learn more about our company and hear from some of our vets by visiting www.WeNeedGreatVets.com.
We appreciate all inquiries, and hope to welcome you as the newest member of our world-class team!