PT/FT DVM Locum needed in Calgary to cover vacations for busy small animal practice!
We're looking for vacation coverage to handle surgeries in our central Calgary clinic and/or house call visits in the Calgary area.
We will provide house call Locums with an assistant to travel with you to appointments to handle billing/admin tasks while assisting in the home so you can focus on your patients.
Surgical Locums are needed to handle dentals, spay/neuter, and other routine surgical procedures. Scheduling is flexible! Locum with us as little as one day a week, depending on your needs.
House Call Locum Responsibilities
- Attending several in-home appointments each day, delivering high quality and friendly veterinarian care to companion animals (dogs and cats)
- Ensuring the safety of both yourself and the client (as they often helping you to restrain the animal)
- In-home veterinary care including exams, vaccinations, FNA, small lump removal, blood/urine collection, suturing small wounds, nail trims, home euthanasia, and other typical non-surgical services with the help of an assistant in-home
- Providing the client with any information, knowledge or advice they need based on the visit
- Being punctual, professional, friendly and collaborative with the client, ensuring that they feel confident they are part of the decision-making process for their animal
- Adhering to all policies, procedures, and guidelines of Vets To Go and the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association in order to ensure high-quality service and client satisfaction
- Minimum of 3 years experience in practicing veterinary medicine
- Must be a Fully Licensed Vet in Alberta, registered in good standing with the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association
- Be knowledgeable of the Calgary area and be comfortable driving in the city
- Comfortable and experienced working with dogs and cats of all types, sizes, and temperaments which may include anxious, fearful or aggressive animals
- Confidence in making a diagnosis and carrying out treatment plans
- Love to work with both people and pets, and take pride in making a difference